the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rock, Part 3 - Don't Be A Sisyphus!

Are you up on your Greek mythology?  Sisyphus was doomed to spend eternity rolling a big rock uphill, only to have it roll back down, forcing him to start over.  I'm sure it's supposed to be an object lesson, or maybe a profound truth.  Lately, it gives me nightmares.

I have my Rock and it's ready to roll uphill.  Maybe.  I'm not sure the slope is gradual enough - I'll have to check with my neighbor who owns the heavy equipment and has some experience with Sisyphus-like endeavors.  I want to pull my Rock out ONE TIME, so I have to make sure I get it right.

This is how it looks now, with a section of lawn cut away, sloping sharply down to it.  The back of the rock is more exposed so we can get chains around it, but you can't see that.  My craziness stands on the brink of becoming reality!  Maybe!

 

1 comment: