the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hello, Latvia!

Fun with statistics (and you'll never hear that phrase come out of my mouth again): seeing the various countries where readers look at this blog.  For instance, this past week, people who stopped by Dirt Road Diaries were from the United States, Russia, Latvia, Germany, Canada, Denmark, and France.  I've also seen Japan and Korea come up frequently. 

Latvia was a new one this week ... which means my first book, LIE TO ME, was finally released in Latvian!  So here's a shout out to any Latvians who can also read English, along with readers in France and Japan, who can also buy LIE TO ME in their own language. 

Here's the part that fascinates me - each foreign publisher chooses its own cover.  It's all about marketing and creating a "brand" for the author.  Simon and Schuster sees my books as fun, flirty, and sexy, and they do their best to show that on the cover.  Other countries seem to see me differently.
LIE TO ME in France  (here this would look like an Inspirational romance)

                                                               
                    

LIE TO ME in Japan (that chandelier hints at a little more excitement)

LIE TO ME in the United States, Canada, Australia
I haven't seen the Latvian version yet, darn it, but I know it's out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment