the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Friday, December 9, 2011

It Must Be The Economy

Nikita is a saver.  If she were human, she'd have a nice passbook savings account and a 401K.  Since she's a dog, the most valuable things she owns are treats.  When we leave the house and lock her in her cage, she gets a dog bisquit.  It's always there when we get home. 

Then it vanishes.  But I soon found where she banks her treasures - in my furniture cushions.  This is the chair in my living room.  Notice the back right corner.

And the chair in my family room, same place:
This one I can't explain.  I saw the broken piece of bisquit on the floor, and tossed it onto the pillow with the other one.  Nikita came by a minute later, examined the arrangement, and moved it right back to the floor where it had been.  I'm obviously missing some instrinsic value here, but it might have something to do with diversifying her portfolio.  Everyone knows you shouldn't put all your money in one place.  Or all your bisquits.

No comments:

Post a Comment