the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Monday, May 23, 2011

Writing by Bribery

Writing can be fun.  It's also work, and sometimes I'd rather call in sick.  So I bribe myself with a little reward.  If I get X-number of pages done, I can watch the Tigers baseball game.  You'll just have to trust me that this is far better motivation than an ice cream sundae.

Saturday, for some reason that I'm sure is inadequate and completely unacceptable, the Tigers game was not televised.  I was forced to follow the action with mlb.com's written play-by-play.  On top of that, my family decided that no baseball game meant we should watch a movie.  So I was reduced to sporadic peeks at the laptop to see how the game was going. 

If you're not a fan, baseball can seem like a slow game.  But trust me, things can fall apart fast.  That's why, after not checking for a couple innings, I looked at the game in horror.  And Penny had to check it out for herself, yelling, "They gave up HOW MANY runs?  Let me see those pitching stats!"

No comments:

Post a Comment