the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Monday, December 13, 2010

After the Snow

If anyone wants to know why the next book I'm writing takes place in mid-summer, it's because I'm writing the full synopsis for it today.  When I took this picture at 9:15 AM it was 4 degrees with a wind chill far below zero.   

The horses were outside this morning, soaking up the sun, so that's where they got their morning hay.  They were even frisking around in the snow later; clearly their winter coats are warmer than mine.  I don't think the chickens are quite so happy.  I'm not sure they can even see the sun through all the snow clinging to the wire over and around their yard.


Despite all the cold and the work involved in digging out, I love winter in Michigan.  If only for today, I have conquered the elements!  Admitedly, there's also this.  Without it, forget summer, my next book would take place in a tropical jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment