the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Monday, October 3, 2011

Regular Food

My horse, Fritz, is Quaker's Oats' best customer.  Ever since the dental nightmare when he lost most of his teeth, I have mixed his Equine Senior with oatmeal to make a more easily chewed, palatable mash.  He loves the stuff.  He goes through a 42-ounce carton of oatmeal ever 6 or 7 days, and is thriving.  Each carton costs $4.99 at my grocery store.  He's well worth it to me, but that doesn't mean I won't jump at a chance to save money.  This week the large Quaker Oats cartons were on sale for $2.79, a savings of nearly half!  I bought four.  (I'd gladly get 40, but my cupboard space is limited.)  It happens that I also bought prunes that day because I like them and we were out.  So this is what went through the check-out lane:

See where this is . . . ahem . . . going?

I live in a small town.  Peole who don't know me by name likely know me as "that romance author."  So I can only imagine the whispers going around now about poor Starr's staggering problem with irregularity.  Or rather, former problem, because obviously this would have been enough to fix a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment