the barn in fall

the barn in fall

Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Guy in the Barn

This guy showed up sporadically, then apparently decided the accomodations were pretty sweet, and stayed.
I call him Gray. Creative, no?  No wonder I'm an author. See, my husband has a Rule: no more cats.  (God knows why.)  In accordance with the Rule, if I see a stray, I can't name it because I might get attached.  Hence, the generic gray cat.  Except I start out saying, "Hi, poor little gray cat, you don't have to run away," and "Here's kitty food, gray cat."  Then pretty soon it's, "You're not so scared anymore are you, gray cat?" and "See, petting feels good," and before you know it, it's "Damn it, Gray, get out of the way before I trip over you."  Viola, new barn cat.

1 comment:

  1. How about "Barney"? And the $10 Shot Clinic in Pontiac is this Saturday . . .

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete